I’m glad you’ve decided to meet me! I’m not altogether COOL. Some might describe me as somewhat dorky and corny, but I try to fly my freak flag for all to see. Ultimately, I’m a Middle School Teacher and I think it shines through to every inch of my being. Yeah, let that sink in…I’m a CRAZY person that teaches those kids in the middle that have no clue what’s going on with their body [or anything] really. That being said, I’m also an extremely concerned parent…
And, as more and more effective teachers leave the classroom each year, do I count as one of those since I left the States??? I cannot help but question why education has not updated to the current world we are living in. Thus, I ask fellow teachers, and other educational professionals, how can we help to update this system to better suit our students and future generations?
BUT a LITTLE Bit MORE About ME:
I am not a paragraph writer! Actually, I really love bullet points and lists…soooooo
- I LOVE my two little girls (see below). Beans is the baby and Peanut is the toddler 🙂
- I have an AMAZING husband who helps me from living life too seriously – as I often do!
- International Teacher is my technical job title now – I’ve taught in Texas, Colombia, Dubai, and currently, Africa.
- I ADORE dark chocolate, cereal, a good book, and quiet time. (Can you tell I’m kind of an introvert?)
- AND my favorite color is blue – well, turquoise, actually. But, that’s in the blue family, right?